Senior Software Engineer – Web Developer, Morgantown WV
West Virginia Radio Corporation is seeking a full-time Senior Software Engineer-Web Developer to oversee all technical aspects of the MetroNews website and its associated properties. This includes maintaining reliability and scalability of the website as well as implementing new functionality as needed. In addition the Senior Software Engineer-Web Developer will assist with client work as required by Pikewood Creative and other corporate entities.
WV MetroNews is a statewide news organization serving millions of visitors per year. The ideal candidate will have experience working with WordPress themes, plugins, and APIs as well as experience working with and integrating third-party APIs.
- Oversee and manage day to day operations in regard to technical operation of the MetroNews website and associated properties (iOS and Android apps, streaming media, advertising implementations, social media integrations, etc.).
- Work closely with MetroNews sales and editorial staff to implement any improved or additional functionality needed. Manage the insertion of display advertising and other content on website.
- Oversee audio and video streaming on the website with an emphasis on managing the technical implementation of those streams including live sporting events and election coverage.
- Recommend, design and implement improvements to existing properties to enhance user experience and advance the business of MetroNews through new technology.
- Manage scheduled events such as daily broadcast start/end times and special video streaming events. For example, ensuring the correct video streams are loaded on the website at the proper times and are working properly. This will require a flexible schedule that is able to meet the needs of a dynamic news and broadcast cycle.
- Design, provide coding and modify websites, from layout to function and according to specifications; strive to create visually appealing sites that feature effective user interface design and clear navigation.
- Optimize the performance and reliability of online, mobile and tablet infrastructure.
- Build solutions for the creation and maintenance of distributed infrastructure.
- Implement system, application and infrastructure monitoring.
- Proactively ensure security and integrity of production systems and applications.
- Design, implement and build, and test deployment processes.
- Clearly and regularly communicate with users, management and technical support colleagues.
- Design and manage video player including the inclusion of advertising and statistical content.
- Test and maintain software products to ensure strong functionality and optimization; recommend improvements to existing software programs as necessary.
- Collaborate with third-party website host provider, video streaming service and other content distribution services; serve as the primary contact with third-party providers.
- Manage any e-commerce opportunities (i.e. online stores).
- Collaborate with social media content providers to maximize the distribution channels and efficiency.
- Maintain accurate record of expenses related to third-party vendor purchases, and viewers/listeners to various distribution platforms.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in computer science or software engineering with 5+ years of experience within the software development lifecycle. Bachelor’s Degree requirement may be substituted with an additional six (6) years
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of WordPress and PHP.
- Demonstrated knowledge of UI design, cross browser compatibility, and modern development standards such as responsive web design.
- Knowledge of security best practices as it relates to website and database architecture and implementation.
- Comfortable working with Adobe Photoshop to extract graphical design elements.
- Ability to implement pixel-perfect designs.
- Ability to communicate with customers and staff who may have a wide range of technical knowledge.
- Strong experience working within the LAMP stack.
- Experience building scripts for managing day to day server tasks such as refreshing local cache files, rotating log files, etc.
- Prior experience working with large scale and high traffic web applications a definite plus. Experience working with streaming media at scale also a plus.
- Knowledge of security principles and how they apply to e-commerce applications.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task efficiently.
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to identify and solve problems.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Understanding of news gathering and reporting and live video/audio streaming.
- Knowledge of database management and analytical reporting.
Submit application letter with resume and references to: West Virginia Radio Corporation, 260 Spruce Street, Morgantown, WV 26505, email@example.com. No phone calls please.
West Virginia Radio Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Program Director / Operations Manager, Elkins, WV
West Virginia Radio Corporation of Elkins is looking for a dynamic and creative leader to be our next Program Director/Ops Manager for a four-station cluster located in a great small town. The group includes a heritage country station that still believes in being involved in the community and being visible and a classic hits fun FM. Candidates must be able to do big things with a small staff, have great time management skills and love mountain air. Please have at least (3) years of full time radio experience…prior on air experience and the ability to perform a weekday air shift and voice track others. A proficiency with Wide Orbit radio automation and Music Master experience preferred.
Come join the professional team of a family-owned company that still believes in the value of local radio news. West Virginia Radio offers a competitive salary, plus health benefits and a 401k program.
Send a cover letter, resume and audio samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. WV Radio Corporation of Elkins is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Account Executive, Clarksburg
West Virginia Radio Corporation of Clarksburg has a rare opening on its advertising sales team. If you’re a dynamic self starter who would enjoy working with local businesses to help them grow, then we want to talk to you. Preferred candidates would possess a college degree or have equivalent advertising or sales experience. Want to work for the best radio company in the state? Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. West Virginia Radio Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Marketing Consultant, Cumberland, MD
94.1 QZK, Magic 100.5, 100.1 The Wolf, 99.5 WDZN, and ESPN1230/1390 is looking to double the size of its market-leading Cumberland-based Sales Force. Candidates must have an outgoing personality and excellent communication/networking skills. Computer skills are a must. Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ALLEGANY RADIO CORPORATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Multimedia News Producer, Morgantown, WV
WAJR News, a division of West Virginia Radio Corporation, is expanding its reach in local news coverage for Monongalia County, WV, and surrounding area. The Multimedia News Producer will produce video content on important and interesting news stories affecting the local community.
Responsibilities include shooting, writing, editing and posting news stories for website and social media channels; enterprising story ideas and developing contacts; assisting with the efficient operation of the local and statewide news desk; and other duties as assigned.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Commitment to journalistic standards of ethics and accuracy
- Ability to communicate effectively; detail oriented, conscientious and hard-working
- Strong writing and interviewing skills
- Proficient with using video cameras and lighting to shoot interviews and footage
- Demonstrated knowledge of video editing using Adobe Creative Suite and Final Cut Pro
- General knowledge and interest in local news
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Available to work flexible schedule including nights and weekends
- Proficiency with Facebook, Twitter and emerging social media
- 1-3 years of relevant experience preferred
Submit cover letter with resume and references to: WAJR News, 260 Spruce Street, Morgantown, WV 26505, email@example.com. No phone calls please.
WAJR News – West Virginia Radio Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Vacancy Notices
If your organization distributes information about employment opportunities to job seekers or refers job seekers to employers, and would like to receive job vacancy notices for West Virginia Radio Corporation, please provide your name, mailing address, e-mail address (if applicable), telephone number, fax number, and contact person to the Human Resources Director, Jodi Hart, firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax at 304-554-3924.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We at West Virginia Radio Corporation feel we have the greatest asset in the world; our people. We are proud that our people have grown and prospered as we strive to produce the best broadcast product available.
West Virginia Radio Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Discrimination because of sex, race, color, religion, age, disability or national origin in hiring and advancement practices is prohibited.